Administrative Employment Office
Contact: Angie Deters, Team Director
Phone Number: 319-232-6148
Address: 6915 Chancellor Drive, Suite A
City/State: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Position: Hospice Aide (PRN)
Care Initiatives Hospice - Waterloo is currently recruiting for a Hospice Aide to work in Blackhawk and surrounding counties on a PRN basis. This position will provide ADL’s and light homemaking to patients in their homes or living in a nursing facility. We are seeking compassionate individuals with flexibility in scheduling, a valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance. Two years of experience and a Certificate of completion from the CNA program is required. This position reports to the Team Director and a Drug screen is required.
Care Initiaties Hospice - Waterloo proudly serves the following Iowa counties: Black Hawk, Benton, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Grundy, Hardin, Linn, Marshall, & Tama counties.
Angie Deters, Team Director
EOE/AAP Disability & Vets
- Successfully completed an Iowa approved 75 hour nurse-aide training course.
- Completes and passes the Care Initiatives Hospice competency test within five days of hire.
- Obtains hospice nursing assistant certification (Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Assistant - CHPNA) within 24 months of employment. (for FT employees)
- Current Iowa driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Obtains 12 hours of annual inservice.
- Home health aide procedures.
- Universal health care precautions.
- Home health aide/hospice aide/certified nursing assistant services provided for compensation during the previous 24 months. (preferred)