Administrative Employment Office
Contact: Angie Deters, Team Director
Phone Number: 319-232-6148
Address: 6915 Chancellor Drive, Suite A
City/State: Cedar Falls, Iowa
Position: Hospice Aide
Care Initiatives Hospice - Waterloo is currently recruiting for a full-time Hospice Aide to work in Blackhawk and surrounding counties. This position will provide ADL’s and light homemaking to patients in their homes or living in a nursing facility. We are seeking compassionate individuals with flexibility in scheduling, a valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance. Two years of experience and a Certificate of completion from the CNA program is required. This position reports to the Team Director and a Drug screen is required.
Care Initiaties Hospice - Waterloo proudly serves the following Iowa counties: Black Hawk, Benton, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Grundy, Hardin, Linn, Marshall, & Tama counties.
To be considered, complete online employment application or send resume via email to email@example.com. Contact Angie Deters, Team Director, with any questions:
Angie Deters, Team Director
Drug Screen Required
EOE / AAP Veterans & Disabled
- Successfully completed an Iowa approved 75 hour nurse-aide training course.
- Completes and passes the Care Initiatives Hospice competency test within five days of hire.
- Obtains hospice nursing assistant certification (Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Assistant - CHPNA) within 24 months of employment. (for FT employees)
- Current Iowa driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Obtains 12 hours of annual inservice.
- Home health aide procedures.
- Universal health care precautions.
- Home health aide/hospice aide/certified nursing assistant services provided for compensation during the previous 24 months. (preferred)
- Provide care to patients and families in accordance with care plan.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living.
- Help patients bathe.
- Help transfer patients to and from bed, chair, commode.
- Help patients with hair and dental hygiene needs.
- Help patients exercise, e.g., active and passive range of motion.
- Remind patients to take medications ordered by the physician which are ordinarily self-administered.
- Assist patients with eating.
- Re-train patients in necessary self-help skills.
- Turn and position patients.
- Assist patients with ambulation and exercise.
- Measure and record intake and output of patients.
- Position the bedpan or urinal for the patients.
- Give back rubs to patients.
- Take and record patients’ temperature, pulse, and respirations.
- Accurately, completely and timely document all care provided in patient clinical records in accordance with Care Initiatives Hospice’s documentation requirements.
Full-time Benefits (30+ hours/week):
* Health Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Dental & Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short & Long-Term Disability
* Accident Insurance
* Critical Illness Insurance
* Matching Retirement Plan (No Waiting Period To Receive Match)
* Tuition Assistance Programs
* Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Pay (Vacation Awarded After 6 Months)
* Direct Deposit or Pay Card
* Generous Anniversary Bonus ($500 - $2000/year)
* Cell Phone Services Discount (Verizon)
* Birthday T-Shirt Program
* Discounted Adventureland Tickets
* Online Training & Professional Development (Relias)